Saturday, January 1, 2011

Catchup. Catsup. Ketchup.

I feel like I should do some sort of "flashback on 2010" post, since that's obviously the cool thing to do in blog land.  But, I'm not really feeling it.   2010 was the year I finally got over Casper, the year I finally got into Nursing school.   Big big events in my life.   But, I don't feel like talking about it.   So, let's move on.

First, let me tell you that my blog is still not finished.  I started this project feelings super artsy-fartsy, then I got called into work mid-project and now I fear I'll never finish it.  So, a toast to half-done blogs.  Woot woo.

Next, boarding makes me wicked happy beyond words.  The people on the mountain are one of a kind.  No one gives a crap about anything.  It's like woodstock, all over again.  Everyone is about peace, love, and finding good powder.  Cell phones don't work and I'm not even a little bit tempted to try to find service.  It's freeing and exciting and calming and...heaven.   It's definitely my heaven.

Last, I had a deaf patient today.  An entire 8 hours with him so obviously I was forced to break out of my "cold-feet-nervousness" that I get when I see someone sign.   So, I did it.  I signed to him and he signed back, and we had a conversation  It's surprising how much I remembered.  And it made me wicked happy.   I love sign language.    Ahhh, if only there was a tiny town I could travel to just to speak sign.  


p.s. School starts on Monday.   Eeeeek.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been snowboarding before but it sounds exhilarating. Looking forward to seeing your new blog design, etc. No pressure.

Best of luck on Monday. Let the fun begin.

Estelle said...

The fact that you know sign language makes me love you even more (if that is actually possible). ♥
Now go kick some nursing school ass, babe.
xoxox,
Estelle

Samantha Kay said...

Maybe you should research Woodstock a little, babe. Cause I don't think you'd be fond of the all the drugs and nudity.

Jennifer said...

I know the feeling, I'll get nearly done with finishing a new look for my blog, when I change my mind and start from scratch. That process is usually neverending. Haha.

Kudos. You seem so dedicated to your nursing education, I admire that!