Sunday, January 9, 2011

Weekends.

I fetchin' love working the weekends.
Weekends means no boss, no admits, no surgeries.
...and LOTS of discharges.

I get to be the girl who sends people home, walks them out to their car, makes sure they get home safely.  I get to be the last girl they see when they leave the hospital and I get to be the girl who makes sure they leave on a good note.  I get to be the girl to change all the patients minds about any terrible rotten CNA/Nurse they had.  I get to be the one to get them cleaned up for the last day, give them a back rub, tuck them in bed with a warm blanket, and then hours later, I get to be the one to send them good wishes on the way home.


Yep.  I love the weekends.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awww, this post was super sweet!!! :)

Estelle said...

You can be my nurse any day, Callie.

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

Sounds like a nice job, what do you do?