Wednesday, January 12, 2011

From A's to C's.

I'm a B student.  
Sometimes, on the rare occasion, I'm an A student
But never ever have I been a C student.  

After test #1 in Lifespan, I got my test score and I had a breakdown.  

A big fat C.  

I felt like throwing up.  Mostly because the material was on Geriatrics and I felt confident and ready to rock-n-roll.   Geriatrics is a piece of cake for me.   But, that C was a huge reality.   So, I cried.   And I compared my score to my classmates, who all got C's as well.   A C is not okay for me.  Never ever okay.   

So after my melt down, the instructor talks to the class and explains that 80% is stellar.  80% is really great and we should be SUPER happy with that.   Well, I didn't get 80%.  I got a 72%. And even if I did get an 80%, I wouldn't be happy.  I'm a 85% kind of girl, and sometimes even a 95%. 
 
80% is not okay.

Ugh.

1 comment:

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

Maybe the instructor is trying to break the class down and humble everyone? I hope things get better and I'm sure the next one will go better. First tests always are difficult. Hang in there.